YOUR PATIENT RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a patient of Ruth Haskins, MD, Inc. you have the right –
· To considerate and courteous care with respect to your personal values
· To receive the services of an interpreter if you have limited English skills or are hearing impaired
· To have information shared with your primary care physician at your request
· To have information about your current health, treatment and outcomes, recovery and future status relayed to you (and/or your designee) in understandable terms
· To have as much information as you need about proposed treatments or procedures such that you can feel completely comfortable participating in the informed consent process
· To medical treatment in a clean and safe environment, free from potential contagious childhood viral illnesses.
· To refuse treatment or leave our practice at any time
· To expect reasonable responses to reasonable requests for service
· To provide written instructions through an advance directive about your care, including a designated decision-maker, in the event that you are unable to make your wishes known
· To personal privacy that includes discreet examinations, consultations and discussions
· To expect completely confidential treatment of all communications and records pertaining to your care with our practice
· To receive a written notice, “Notice of Privacy Practices” that explains how your protected health information will be used and disclosed
· To request access to information in your records within a reasonable timeframe
· To review and discuss your medical bill with the administrative staff of Ruth Haskins, MD, Inc.
· To express concerns or complaints about your care in our practice without the fear that the quality of your care or future access to care will be affected
· To fully exercise these rights without regard to sex, age, economic status, educational background, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status or the source of payment for your care
· To file any grievance with the Medical Board of California regarding abuse of the rights stated above.
· To report, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information regarding any matters pertaining to your health to Dr. Ruth Haskins and her office staff
· To recognize that knowing the limitations and restrictions of your insurance plan is completely your responsibility: this includes knowing where to go for laboratory and imaging studies so as to be minimally financially impacted
· To recognize that payment for services is your responsibility
· To maintain our safe environment for our pregnant patients by respecting our NO CHILDREN IN THE OFFICE policy
· To be informed and ask questions about your health care treatment and plans of care
· To follow the treatment plan recommended by Dr. Ruth Haskins
· To accept the consequences if you choose to refuse treatment or not follow the instructions given by Dr. Ruth Haskins
· To keep appointments. If you need to cancel an appointment, to do so at least 24 hours in advance
· To be flexible and patient in recognition that occasionally deliveries and other emergencies occur unexpectedly requiring rescheduling or delay of scheduled appointments
· To have available proof of insurance if it is needed
· To be respectful to the staff of Ruth Haskins, MD, Inc.